lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lucene Help <luceneh...@hotmail.com>
Subject RE: ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 14:13:33 GMT

I am using apache-tomcat 5.5.23 and lucene-2.1.0. At the command prompt, I typed, java org.apache.lucene.demo.IndexHTML
- create -index C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\opt\lucene\index
..I then got the following:  Usage:  IndexHTML [-create] [-index <index>] <root_directory>I
then copied and pasted the luceneweb.war from C:\lucene-2.1.0 to C:\Program Files\Apache Software
Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webappsI checked to make sure that the configuration.jsp in the directory
C:\Program Files\Apache Software Foundation\Tomcat 5.5\webapps\luceneweb was set correctly,
which it was:  String indexLocation = "/opt/lucene/index";Then I went opened a Mozilla Firefox
version 2.0.0.3 browser and typed in http://localhost:8080/luceneweb/I entered, "test" for
my Search Criteria, and tried various numbers for Results Per Page, clicked on the Search
button, and got the error I described below, which was:
Welcome to the Lucene Template application. (This is the header)

                ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!
                Error message: no segments* file found: files:

	Apache Lucene Template WebApp 1.0 Thank you in advance!> From: gsingers@apache.org>
Subject: Re: ERROR opening the Index - contact sysadmin!> Date: Tue, 12 Jun 2007 09:40:55
-0400> To: java-user@lucene.apache.org> > Can you tell us the steps you went through
to get to this page?> > Thanks,> Grant> > On Jun 12, 2007, at 3:10 AM, Lucene
Help wrote:> > >> > Hello,I just downloaded Lucene and tried running the demo.
 I seem  > > to be okay up until I type in a query into the "Search Criteria"  >
> page and click on the "Search" button at the URL:  http://localhost: > > 8080/luceneweb/At
this point I am at the URL http://localhost:8080/ > > luceneweb/results.jsp?query=test&maxresults=2
which gives me the  > > following:> > Welcome to the Lucene Template application.
(This is the header)> >> >> >> >                 ERROR opening the
Index - contact sysadmin!> >                 Error message: no segments* file found:
files:> >> >> >> >> >> > 	Apache Lucene Template WebApp
1.0 If someone could help me out  > > ASAP, that would be great.  Thanks!Lucene User>