lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene as primary object storage
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 01:48:20 GMT
27 jun 2007 kl. 03.19 skrev Liu_Andy2@emc.com:

> Perhaps this reference
> http://www.mail-archive.com/hibernate-devel@lists.sourceforge.net/
> msg062
> 60.html will give you some help. It's about Hibernate Lucene
> integration.

Thanks, interesting. Do you know more about this? Was the ORM
implemented? Does Hibernate have some sort of built in transaction
log it could store on the side?

They don't seem to talk that much about what might go wrong with a
directoy though. That is my big concern. I guess my subject was a bit
missleading. Up until now I have been able to rebuild the index from
a database or something if it dies on me due to bad code, hardware
failure or what ever reason. I can't do that if the index was the
only place I saved the data.

Perhaps it is a backup-solution I'm looking for. Maybe there are some
expensive or sensitive things I need to watch out a bit extra when
calling as, or something. I don't know. That is why I'm asking.