lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Lindsey Hess <lindseyhes...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Lucene & MySq
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 00:58:02 GMT
Thank you Erick Erickson and Chris Lu.  I'm trying DBSight right now, and I'll let the group
know if I have any issues.

  Cheers,

  Lindsey

Erick Erickson <erickerickson@gmail.com> wrote:
  Understand that Lucene is an indexing engine. "out of the box", there's
no understanding of databases etc. built in. But as Chris Lu points out,
there are applications out there that do this for you.....

If you try to roll your own, you'll have to write some code that
queries the database, and use Lucene to index that data. Then
you'll have to write code that searches your index and "does
the right thing"....

Best
Erick