lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bernard <emman...@hibernate.org>
Subject Re: Lucene as primary object storage
Date Sat, 30 Jun 2007 11:30:35 GMT
While not everything in the following post apply to Lucene as a
storage solution, it has some interesting points
http://blog.hibernate.org/cgi-bin/blosxom.cgi/2007/05/23#in-defence

I need to trust my data storage for its good support for:
  - transaction
  - reliability
  - scalability
  - readability (being able to read my data from any random language
on earth 10 years from now)

I trust my RDBMS because it's been 30 years that they deliver on all
of those criteria.

There are other qualities that explain why I prefer Relational DB to
keep my data (including relational queries, ability to do correlated
queries between 2 or more "associated" entities/documents), but that
should be good enough to give you an idea of that I think.