lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need Lucene Compression help -- can pay nominal fee
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 12:42:55 GMT
Have a look at http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/lucene/java-dev/
38880?search_string=compression;#38880

The upshot is that you should compress the data yourself and then
store it as a binary field (Field Constructor: public Field(String
name, byte[] value, Store store)   ).  This way you can choose
whatever compression model you think is best.  I guess I would start
by trying the zip functionality in Java to see if it gives you the
level of compression you desire and then go from there.

-Grant

On Jun 7, 2007, at 12:48 AM, lucenebuyer wrote:

> All,
>
> I need to store all the attributes of the document i index as part
> of the
> index. And I need to get the size of the files as close to 20% of the
> original size as possible. If anyone can help with this I can pay a
> nominal
> fee. Please contact me if anyone can help.
>
> BG.
> --

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing