lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Otis Gospodnetic <otis_gospodne...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: Index issue with unexpected termination of program without optimizing the index.
Date Mon, 25 Jun 2007 11:51:18 GMT
Hi,
How exactly is your application terminating?  Is there an error?  An exception?  If so, please
provide the stack trace to get a better/right answer.

No, the index is not automatically optimized at the beginning of indexing.
There are likely no issues with documents that were already indexed and were written to disk
before your application terminated.
There are no explicit transactions in Lucene, but in nearly 8 years of using Lucene I've never
personally experienced Lucene index corruption.

Otis
--
Lucene Consulting -- http://lucene-consulting.com/

----- Original Message ----
From: Sonu SR <sonusr@gmail.com>
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Sent: Monday, June 25, 2007 1:16:46 PM
Subject: Index issue with unexpected termination of program without optimizing the index.

Hi,

I am using lucene in our site for index and search. We are creating the
index with large collection of documents (XML). The program some times
terminating without completing the index process. So the index optimization
and closing is not properly done. Is it to be optimized on the next index
time? Is there any issue with the existing indexed documents? Is there any
transaction management in lucene?

Thanks,
Sonu