lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Harini Raghavan" <harini.ragha...@insideview.com>
Subject QueryParser stripping special char
Date Tue, 12 Jun 2007 10:20:35 GMT
Hi All,

I am trying to create a lucene query to search for companies based on
areacode. The phone no. is stored in the lucene index in the form of
'415-567-2323'. I need to create a query like +areaCode:"415-". But the
QueryParser is stripping off the hyphen(-).

Here is the code to create the query:
Query query = QueryParser.parse("415-", "phone", analyzer);

I tried by escaping the hyphen and even that did not work.
Query query = QueryParser.parse ("415\\-", "phone", analyzer);

Can anyone please suggest a way to do this?

Thanks,
Harini