lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Powers" <jpow...@configureone.com>
Subject np-pandock search problem (again, with more detail)
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:01:06 GMT
Hello

I've asked before on this issue, and I think I have more information
now.

I have in a lucene 1.4 index, some Field.Text fields stored.    I've
been focusing on the one called "name"

In luke 0.7 , run on the command line from a jar, if I do a search for

Name:"np-pandock*" I get two results:

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-L

If I do a search for "name:pandock*" I get

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-1

Np-pandock-2

Np-pandock-L

Np-pandock-L1

Np-pandock-L2

I'd like to be able to have a user search on "np-pandock" and they get
this full list.     But I can't seem to get there.

A search on "pandock" (and then I put the astrick on afterwards) gets
six results, but "np-pandock" gets two.

I'm using the standardanalyzer.... I can't imagine I need anything
fancy, so I stuck with the first one.

A search for

Name:pandock gets me the two

Name:pandock* gets me six

What confuses me is that it finds the "-L" one in the smaller resultset.
Why "-L" and not "-L1" or "-L2"?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

--jN