lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to implement AJAX search~Lucene Search part?
Date Sat, 09 Jun 2007 18:27:46 GMT
Thanks for this suggestion. This coincide what Karl Wettin suggested
ngram approach.

This is a good alternative and very simple. However, two drawbacks:
extra indexing and non-linear index size.

A more complicated alternative solution can combine this approach with
wildcard query. For the first character search, like the "c" in
"carrot", There are only 26 letters after all, the results can be
cached. Maybe I can cache 2 characters and let wildcard take care of
prefix with 3 or more letters after that.

--
Chris Lu