lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to implement AJAX search~Lucene Search part?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 22:09:55 GMT
Thanks to all who answered with their experience and insights!

LUCENE-625 is very interesting, but not sure about the scalability.
"Begin completion only with 3 letters or more" is reasonable for
special cases, but not ideal. What I wanted to implement is a pretty
general software.

WildcardTermEnum seems closest to what I planned to search on existing
Lucene index, possibly pretty large. I can use it to list, say top 10
matching terms, and I can use another search to find all matching
docs. This is actually 2 searches.

Sounds pertty good?

--
Chris Lu