lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <>
Subject How to implement AJAX search~Lucene Search part?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 01:31:41 GMT

I would like to implement an AJAX search. Basically when user types in
several characters,  I will try to search the Lucene index and found
all possible matching items.

Seems I need to use wildcard query like "test*" to matching anything.
Is this the only way to do it? It doesn't seems quite efficient,
especially when you just typed in the first character.

I guess the "good" way is to go through the terms, and return as soon
as, for example, 10 terms are found.

I am wondering is there anything like this already built?

Chris Lu
Lucene Database Search in 3 minutes:

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail: