lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Aliaksandr Radzivanovich" <aradzivanov...@gmail.com>
Subject Rewrite one phrase to another in search query
Date Wed, 27 Jun 2007 14:38:26 GMT
What if I need to search for synonyms, but synonyms can be expanded to
phrases of several words?
For example, user enters query "tcp", then my application should also
find documents containing phrase "Transmission Control Protocol". And
conversely, user enters "Transmission Control Protocol", then my
application should also find documents with word "tcp".

It seems like Lucene does not support this scenario out of the box.
Then where to look for the solution? What Lucene
extensions/classes/interfaces should I investigate?

Thanks.