lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From markharw00d <markharw...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Re: Highlighter that works with phrase and span queries
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 22:12:20 GMT
Hi Mark,
Good summary. I was running some timings earlier and my results echo
your findings.

 >>I am currently trying to think of some possible hybrid approach to
highlighting...

I was thinking along the lines of wrapping some core classes such as
IndexReader to somehow observe the query matching process and deduce
from that what to highlight (avoiding the need for MemoryIndex)  but I'm
not sure that is viable. It would be nice to get some more match info
out of the main query logic as it runs to aid highlighting rather than
reverse engineering the basis of a match after the event.

 >>I have fixed a few things with my Highlighter and will be updating it
soon.

Look forward to it!

Cheers
Mark