lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Dino" <dcko...@gmail.com>
Subject searching for empty field
Date Mon, 11 Jun 2007 13:53:54 GMT
Hi Everyone,

I have a lucene index were I add a document with a set of metadata. In my
system, all the fields in the metadata set needn't be there all the time for
a given document.

Say if I am expecting a metadata set like
	Field1:{yes|no}
	[Field2:{val_1[,val_2]... }]
	Field3:val_X

Here the Field2 is the one that I am having trouble with.

Currently when I get a document with a bunch of Field:Value metadata, I run
them in a loop and create Field object relying on the metadata input. That
way the data source decides the number of fields attached to a particular
document. Fields like Field2 will be left out if it didn't appear in the
input.

So if I get a document like

	Field1:yes
	Field3:val_X
	DATA DATA DATA DATA ..... DATA

The document in the index wouldn't have field2 attached to it.

Now my question is how will I search for all the documents with *empty*
Field2?

Cheerio