lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Antony Bowesman <...@teamware.com>
Subject Re: How can I search over all documents NOT in a certain subset?
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 10:55:10 GMT
Hilton Campbell wrote:
> Yes, that's actually come up.  The document ids are indeed changing which is
> causing problems.  I'm still trying to work it out myself, but any help
> would most definitely be appreciated.

If you have an application Id per document, then you could cache that field for
each reader and when you open the new reader, create a new cache of the IDs for
that reader and then re-evaluate the bitmap according to the changed Ids.

You may be able to optimise the case for two readers by calculating the mapping
once and then use that for each bitmap that needs reevaluating.

Antony