lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Steven Rowe <sar...@syr.edu>
Subject Re: Maintain a backup index
Date Tue, 05 Jun 2007 14:49:28 GMT
Hi Divya,

The Lucene library itself provides no support for "backup".

You might be interested in the Solr project[1], which extends Lucene,
and which automates index replication.  From the Solr Introduction /
Features page[2]:

  Replication
    *  Efficient distribution of index parts that have changed via rsync
transport
    * Pull strategy allows for easy addition of searchers
    * Configurable distribution interval allows tradeoff between
timeliness and cache utilization

[1] http://lucene.apache.org/solr/index.html
[2] http://lucene.apache.org/solr/features.html

--