lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "SK R" <rsk....@gmail.com>
Subject zero termfreq for some search strings with special characters
Date Wed, 20 Jun 2007 09:24:09 GMT
Hi,
    I'm using standard tokenizer for both indexing and searching
process.Myindexed value is like "emp-id Aq234 kaith creating document
for search".
    I can get search results for the query CONTENT:"emp-id" by using hits =
indexSearcher.search(*query*).
    But if I try to get termfrequency of that term (CONTENT:"emp-id") by
using indexreader.termdocs(new Term("CONTENT","emp-id")).freq() , 0 results
returned.
    I think because of the analyzer I can get result in 1st case but absence
of analyzer I can't get result in 2nd case (term freq). Is it right?
    How do i get correct term frequency for that term?

Thanks & Regards
RSK