lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <Andreas.Gut...@markettools.com>
Subject Luke Enhancement Suggestions
Date Fri, 22 Jun 2007 13:46:27 GMT
Hi,

I am using your tool a lot and it helps me tremendously analyzing our
different indexes.  I highly appreciate your work and effort you put
into this tool.

This is an enhancement suggestion.

It would be great if Luke could remember the following:

1) Which Analyzer last time was selected.  I usually use always the same
Analyzer and each time I change the index or open Luke I have to set the
Analyzer again and again

2) Which default field was last time selected.  If the index does not
have the field then select the first one found as it current is the case

3) Which Index was last time opened and which of the three options where
selected the last time.  It would be even better if Luke could remember
a complete setting for any given index in the Path selection box.  For
example if I choose an index I was using some time ago it remembers the
three different options used for this specific index as well as which
Analyzer I was using and which was the default field for this index.

Talking about the Open Index dialog:

It would be great if there would be something that shows me the full
name of a selected file without the need to click into the Path edit
field and scroll to the right.  I often have index folders with a deep
path and it is hard to distinguish them in the select list.  I also
noticed that the dropdown has horizontal and vertical scroll bars but if
I scroll to the right the remaining chars of the path a cropped and not
visible.

Again, thank you very much for providing the helpful tool.

Andreas