lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Using Lucene as compressed DB
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:48:51 GMT
Be very clear what you want Lucene to do. What your database
schema is and whether the columns are indexable is totally
irrelevant to your Lucene index. What is relevant is how you
construct your lucene index to solve the underlying problem.
Of course, the underlying problem may be reflected in your
database design, but that's coincidental only to the final
Lucene index.

If you find yourself trying to do database-like operations on
your Lucene index (joins), step back and re-examine your
assumptions <G>...

Best
Erick