lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Lucene & MySq
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 22:37:18 GMT
Understand that Lucene is an indexing engine. "out of the box", there's
no understanding of databases etc. built in. But as Chris Lu points out,
there are applications out there that do this for you.....

If you try to roll your own, you'll have to write some code that
queries the database, and use Lucene to index that data. Then
you'll have to write code that searches your index and "does
the right thing"....

Best
Erick