lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Erick Erickson" <erickerick...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: question about lucene
Date Fri, 01 Jun 2007 12:57:25 GMT
Nope. But here's what I think you can do (although I haven't
tried this exactly, so caveat emptor).

Document doc = new Document();
doc.add("text", line1);
doc.add("text", line2);
doc.add("text", line3);
writer.add(doc);

Now, when searching, you can get the document back and

String[] lines = doc.getValues();

At this point, lines[0] contains line1, lines[1] contains line2, etc.

Perhaps something with Highlighter would work here, or you can
use a MemoryIndex to manipulate them....

But you have some issues here. What is the "correct" line to display if
you search on, say, "Erick AND Tanya" and "Erick" is on one line but
"Tanya" is on another?

Perhaps it would help if you posted a statement of the actual problem
you're trying to solve, there may be other, easier approaches.....

Erick