lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Lee Li Bin" <le...@xedge.com.sg>
Subject RE: Lucene for chinese search
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 12:45:26 GMT
Hi,

I still met problem for searching of Chinese words.
XMl file which is the datasource and analyzer has already been encoded.
Have testing on StandardAnalyzer, CJKAnalyzer, and ChineseAnalyzer, but it
still can't get any results.

1.	do we need any encoding configuration in apache tomcat for Chinese
search using Lucence

2.	do we need to use JSP meta / page encoding ? what is the encoding
for 	jsp?

Regards,
Lee Li Bin

-----Original Message-----
From: Chris Lu [mailto:chris.lu@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, June 18, 2007 2:10 AM
To: java-user@lucene.apache.org
Subject: Re: Lucene for chinese search

There are three things to watch out for chinese or CJK languages:

1. The content source or database need to be encoded in UTF-8.
2. StandardAnalyzer doesn't support chinese words well. Use either
ChineseAnalyzer or CJKAnalyzer. My experience is that CJKAnalyzer is a
little better.
3. The user's query should be encoded in UTF-8.

--
Chris Lu