lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Anna Putnam" <>
Subject Case Insensitive but not Tokenized
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 18:06:24 GMT
I am trying to implement a prefix query search where I want the
searching to be case insensitive but not tokenized (I want to preserve
exact phrases).

For now, I am storing both the exact phrase (as is, for retrieval) and
the string lower-cased (to search against) with no analyzers in the
index.  When I search, I lower-case my query string and search against
my lower-cased index, I give the matching exact phrase back to the user.
This doesn't seem like the best approach but I can't seem to make it
work any other way.  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.