lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Monica Lestari Paramita <monica_lest...@yahoo.com>
Subject Filter documents with query
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 05:49:38 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am currently using Lucene to search for documents. I'm having problems when I want to search
for a query Q, but only in documents that has term T1 or T2 in it.

At first I tried the query "Q AND (T1 OR T2)", but it affects the sorting of the results.
For example:
query: "Q", results: doc1, doc2, doc3, doc4, doc5
query: "Q AND (T1 OR T2)", results: doc3, doc2, doc5
Since I don't intend to use the term T as an input for the result sorting but only as a filter
for the searching scope, I was hoping that system would still sort the documents based on
Q itself, so it will give the results: doc2, doc3, doc5.

Do anyone know how to handle this?

Regards,

Monica