lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Laxmilal Menaria" <lmena...@chambal.com>
Subject Phrase Search
Date Mon, 18 Jun 2007 13:24:51 GMT
Hello everyone,

I am lucene user and tried to implement pharse query, But now getting some
logical problems in searching..

My index have 4 fields: Name, Address &  City  and 6 docs.
i.e  1. "Laxmilal Menaria", "Hiran Magri", "Udaipur",
     2.  "Mohan Sharma", "Hiran Magri Sec 10", "Udaipur"
     3.  "Rohit Bhargav", "Suraj pole", "Udaipur"
     4.  "Laxmilal", "Hiran Magri Sec 4", "Ahemdabad"
     5.  "Chandresh" , "Bihar", "Patna"
     6.  "James", "Hiran Magri 18", "Delhi"

Now search Address:"Hiran Magri" and got 4 results, But  I want 1 result
only(Document-1), so what should I do ?

My Search code is :
                    sQuery="Hiran Magri"
                    .
                    .
                     Dim lucQuery As Lucene.Net.Search.Query  = New
Lucene.Net.QueryParsers.QueryParser("Address", New
Lucene.Net.Analysis.Standard.StandardAnalyzer).Parse(sQuery)
                    Dim lucHits As Lucene.Net.Search.Hits =
lucIndexSearcher.Search(lucQuery)
                    Dim intHitCount As Integer = lucHits.Length

--
Thanks,
Laxmilal menaria

http://www.minalyzer.com/