lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Martin Spamer <mspa...@ebuyer.com>
Subject All keys for a field
Date Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:06:21 GMT

I need to return all of the keys for a certain field, essentially
"fieldName:*".    This causes a ParseException / lexical error
Encountered: "*" (42), after : ""

I understand why this fails, WildCard prevent this to keep the results
manageble.  In my case the number of results will always be managable.
the field contents is a closed set of values from a DB lookup table.

Luke can list the top keys via it's Overview tab, so this must be
possible.  I just can't figure out how.

I've tried googling but I'm just getting general stuff on wildcards, I
can't find the correct search terms to use.