lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Sebastin <>
Subject RE: ways to minimize index size?
Date Tue, 19 Jun 2007 14:02:57 GMT

Hi Does anyone give me an idea to reduce the Index size to i am
getting 42% compression in my index store.i want to reduce upto 70%.i use
standardanalyzer to write the document.when i use SimpleAnalyzer it reduce
upto 58% but i couldnt search the document.please help me to acheive.

 Thanks in advance

Jeff-188 wrote:
>>I found that reducing my index from 8G to 4G (through not stemming) gave
> about a 10% performance improvement.
> How did you do this? I don't see this as an option.
> Jeff

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message