lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From moraleslos <morales...@hotmail.com>
Subject issues with optimizer
Date Wed, 06 Jun 2007 17:47:33 GMT

I'm running into the "WARN | Compass Scheduled Optimizer | AdaptiveOptimizer
| ne.optimizer.AdaptiveOptimizer 104 | Failed to obtain lock on sub-index
[book], will do it next time."  messages more frequently, most likely due to
the lucene index getting enormous. The adaptive optimizer is scheduled to
run every 10 seconds. My application seems to be crashing (due to stalling
for waiting on the lock via the optimizer).

Are there any best practices on the optimizer for very large indexes?
Otherwise is there a better way to manage the lucene indexes such that as it
grows, the optimizer's optimization time doesn't grow with it?

Thanks in advance!

-los