lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Mathieu Lecarme <>
Subject Re: Several questions about scoring/sorting + random sorting in an image/related application
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 20:14:03 GMT
Walt explain differently what I said.
Lucene can be efficiently use for selecting objects, without sorting
or scoring anything, then, with id stored in Lucene, you can sort
yourself with a simple Sortable implementation.
The only limit is that lucene gives you not too much results, with
your 300 maximal responses, you can play with it easily.