lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Saravana <msku...@gmail.com>
Subject Term Frequency for Partial Index
Date Wed, 16 May 2007 06:13:06 GMT
Dear All,

I am creating an index file per day i.e it will contain data for every 24
hours (00:00:00 to 23:59:59). This time value is a field in each document.
Document has other text fields too on which users can search.

User's search criteria would be a combination of time and other field
values. We are forming a RangeQuery for time and normal query for other
field values.

Now I am able to find  Term Frequency per index i.e for the whole 24
hours.   But I want to find the Term Frequency for 1 hour i.e between
01:00:00 to 02:00:00. Will it be possible? Is there any API to find Term
Frequency with Range Query?  I believe  it would take much more time if we
go and find term frequency per document if the matching documents are huge.

MSK