lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Geoffrey De Smet <ge0ffrey.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic analyzer resolving based on Locale
Date Wed, 09 May 2007 15:13:25 GMT
We 'd use a different index for each locale's language that is
configured, however this might have an impact on performance.

Would this be attainable (maybe some day in lucene)?

- Use an IndexEverythingAnalyzer for writing,
so "werk", "werkte", "gewerkt" and "en" is indexed as-is when they are
encountered.

- And then use a DutchAnalyzer for reading,
which if I ask "werk" searches for "werk", "werkte" and "gewerkt",
and also ignores stop words like "en" in the query.
EnglishAnalyzer would search with "werk" for "werk", "werkes", "werked", ...

- It might seem a bad idea to mix several languages in the same index,
but in reality few data comes with the meta-data which declares the
language of the data is written in.

With kind regards,
Geoffrey De Smet