lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Andreas Guther" <andreas.gut...@gmail.com>
Subject Field.Store.Compress - does it improve performance of document reads?
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 06:10:29 GMT
I am currently exploring how to solve performance problems I encounter with
Lucene document reads.

We have amongst other fields one field (default) storing all searchable
fields.  This field can become of considerable size since we are  indexing
documents and  store the content for display within results.

I noticed that the read can be very expensive.  I wonder now if it would
make sense to add this field as Field.Store.Compress to the index.  Can
someone tell me if this would speed up the document read or if this is
something only interesting for saving space.

Thanks in advance,

Andreas