lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Israel Tsadok" <itsa...@gmail.com>
Subject MultiSearcher, Hits and createWeight
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 09:45:50 GMT
Hi,
I am developing a distributed index, using MultiSearcher and RemoteSearcher.
When investigating some performance issues, I noticed that there is a lot of
back-and-forth traffic between the servers during the weight calculation.
Although MultiSearcher has a method called createWeight that minimizes the
calls to the sub-searchers, this method never actually gets called when I
call search(query).

>From what I can tell, this is fixable by changing in Hits.java the line:
weight = q.weight(s);
to:
weight = s.createWeight(q);

I made that change, and it seems to work OK, but I don't know enough about
Lucene to be sure that it's safe.
Have I got something wrong? Is it safe to make that change?

Thanks,
Israel Tsadok