lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <>
Subject Re: date window
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 21:42:14 GMT
: A particular document can have several date windows.
: Give a specific date, only return those documents where that date
: falls within at least one of those windows.

: Also, note that there are multiple windows here for a single
: document, we can't just search between min start and max end.

This can tehoreticaly be done using a custom varient of
PhraseQuery and "parallel fields" where you have a range_start field and a
range_end field and the positions of the dates in each field "line up" so
that you can tell which start corrisponds with which end.

I mentioned this idea (which actual came from on off hand comment Doug
made about PhraseQuery at last year's ApacheCon US) in this Solr thread
when someone asked a similar question...

..i have never tried implementing this in practice.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message