lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Numerical fields
Date Fri, 11 May 2007 22:38:36 GMT
: I know that usually one has to index such fields as text with
: the property   a > b => lex(text(a)) > lex(text(b))  and devise
: the text(n) transformation appropriately.
:
: What I'm looking for is an enhancement which would eliminate
: the a -> text(a) transformation or simplify it. Is it necessary f.ex.

the transformation has to happen either way, so the best we can do is
create it and put it in a utility ... NumberTools already meets this need
for longs, but there are some other utils in Solr that could be promoted
if someone wants to do so.

: to implement the above query as a range query
:
: 100 <= myNumericalField <= 999999999999999999999999.....

that's just not true ... ConstantScoreRangeQuery can support open ended
ranges -- there is no need to specify an artificial uper bound.

-Hoss