lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Chris Hostetter <hossman_luc...@fucit.org>
Subject Re: Modifying norms...
Date Tue, 01 May 2007 20:24:36 GMT

: Essentially what I am trying to do is boost every document by a certain
: factor, so that
: the boost is between 1.0 and 2.0. After this, I we are trying to do a search
: across multiple fields
: and have a computation based purely on tf. Example -

it sounds like you are trying to place too much stock in the precise score
values you get back from a query.  if it's really important to you i
would suggest playing with the boost values you use and your tf/idf
functions so they work with the current boost/norm encoding instead of
tyring to change how the norms are encoded.  that way you won't have to
worry baout havking the static encoding funcs in Similarity.

-Hoss