lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "John Powers" <jpow...@configureone.com>
Subject search problem/odd results
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 17:46:17 GMT
I don't understand why I'm getting the results I'm getting.

If I search for "pandock*" I get 6 results

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-L

Np-pandock-1

Np-pandock-2

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-L1

If I search for np-pandock I get

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-L

If I search for pandock I get

Np-pandock

Np-pandock-l

At this point, why those two?     I was searching on lots of fields but
now I've limited it to just this "name" field.    This is under lucene
1.4.

I have one field of name as a keyword , another (nametxt) as text type.
This is the name of the item.     I have other description fields I need
to search through but at this point I don't understand why "pandock" or
"np-pandock" get those two and nothing else.

If I search for np-pandock-l1 I get

Np-pandock-l1

So that makes sense.       but why would "pandock" only come back with
two results?

Thanks for any help in this matter.