lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Peter W." <pe...@marketingbrokers.com>
Subject In memory MultiSearcher
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:38:48 GMT
Hello,

I have been using a large, in memory MultiSearcher that
is reaching the limits of my hardware RAM with this code:

       try
          {
          IndexSearcher[] searcher_a=
             {
             new IndexSearcher(new RAMDirectory(index_one_path)),
             new IndexSearcher(new RAMDirectory(index_two_path)),
             new IndexSearcher(new RAMDirectory(index_thee_path)),
             new IndexSearcher(new RAMDirectory(index_four_path)),
             new IndexSearcher(new RAMDirectory(index_n_path))
             };

	 MultiSearcher searcher_ms=new MultiSearcher(searcher_a);
          }
       catch(Exception e)
          {
          System.out.println(e);
          }

For example, one of several indexes is 768MB. Is there possibly a
better way to do this?

Regards,

Peter W.