lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Erik Hatcher <e...@ehatchersolutions.com>
Subject Re: How can I limit the number of hits in my query?
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 06:32:46 GMT

On May 17, 2007, at 9:18 PM, David Leangen wrote:
> Have you ever taken a look at Google Suggest[1]? It's very fast,
> and the
> results are impressive. I think your suggestion will go a long way to
> fixing my problem, but there's probably still quite a gap between this
> approach and the kind of results that Google Suggest provides.
>
> I wonder how it could be possible to do the same with Lucene...

I built a suggest interface into Collex here:

	<http://www.nines.org/collex/browse>

You can type either into the "phrase" box, or in the "name" box.
The "name" box gives back role information as well (try "ros" for
rossetti).  In both, counts are provided for how many documents
_within the current constraints_ match the prefix typed.  Under the
covers its using Solr.

	Erik