lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From Grant Ingersoll <gsing...@apache.org>
Subject Re: search result problem
Date Fri, 18 May 2007 13:33:23 GMT
Try using the explain() method to see why the documents that were
returned scored the way they did.

If I am understanding correctly, you are saying that Luke shows that
those words aren't actually in your index?  Can you elaborate on what
your analysis process is?  Are you searching using the same Analyzer
as you are indexing with?  I would try to isolate the problem down to
some unit tests, if possible.

Cheers,
Grant

On May 18, 2007, at 8:12 AM, Stefan Colella wrote:

> Hello,
>
> My application is working with PDF files so i use lucene with
> PdfBox to create a little search engine. I am new to lucene.
>
> All seemed to work fine but after some tests I saw that some
> expressions like "stock option" where never found (or returns the
> wrong documents) even if it exist in my PDF files. I searched in
> the mail archive and found that I have to use the "French Analyser"
> but that didn't work too.
>
> I found that there is a tool named Luke to check the lucene index.
> I could see that the original text contains those words but nothing
> in the tokenizer.
>
> Anybody who can help or can explain where I can start to look ?
>
> thanks

Grant Ingersoll
Center for Natural Language Processing
http://www.cnlp.org/tech/lucene.asp