lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From James O'Rourke <ja...@bittorrent.com>
Subject date window
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 07:07:25 GMT
Hi All,

I've been thinking about this problem for some time now. I'm trying
to figure out a way to store date windows in lucene so that I can
easily filter as follows.

A particular document can have several date windows.
Give a specific date, only return those documents where that date
falls within at least one of those windows.

 From what I can see, the only way I can think of doing it is to
create a special field format and create a custom filter. The filter
isn't that useful for caching though, because every query will have
new date (essentially NOW())

Also, note that there are multiple windows here for a single
document, we can't just search between min start and max end.

Ideas from those more familiar with lucene would be greatly appreciated.

James