lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ard Schrijvers" <a.schrijv...@hippo.nl>
Subject Setting the maximum number of documents in a lucene segment
Date Fri, 25 May 2007 12:36:17 GMT
Hello,

I am trying to change the maximum number of documents in a lucene segment. By default it seems
to be 10. When I have a mergeFactor of say 10, then on average, after every 100 added documents
lucene is merging segments.

I want each segment to contain more then the default 10 documents, because I need to minimize
merging.

Is there a way to achieve this? writer.setMaxBufferedDocs(largeValue) does not do the trick
(I think because in my case because the writer is flushed and closed after an few updates)

Does anyone know wether it is possible to make the default number of documents a segment can
contain larger?

Thanks in advance,

Ard Schrijvers

--