lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From karl wettin <karl.wet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Multi language indexing
Date Mon, 07 May 2007 16:26:59 GMT

7 maj 2007 kl. 15.45 skrev bhecht:

> OK, thanks, I think I got it.
>
> Just to see if I understood correctly:
>
> When I do the search on both stemmed and unstemmed fields, I will
> do the
> following:
>
> 1) If I know the country of the requested search -  I will use the
> stemmed
> analyzer, and then the unstemmed field
>
> might not be found (the stemmed field will be found).
>
> 2) if I don't know the country of the requested search - I will use
> the
> unstemmed analyzer, and then the stemmed field
>
> might not be found.
>
> Am I correct?

Above sounds very confused and I'm afraid you got it all mixed up.
Please explain in detail what your data looks like and what effect
you are looking for. It will make it easier for all parties.

I have no idea how Hibernate search works, perhaps that is the reason
for me not to understand what you try to do.

--
karl