lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Ram Peters" <rampet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Search Query AND OR for Title and Description Fields
Date Sun, 27 May 2007 20:42:33 GMT
What I like to do is search over multiple fields.  Multiple fields:
title and description.  I don't want to concatenate the title and
description field into one and search on that field, because title and
description have different boosting.

When I search over multiple fields for "object oriented programming",
it could appear both in title and description or on one of the fields
(either title or description).

http://wiki.apache.org/lucene-java/LuceneFAQ#head-300f0756fdaa71f522c96a868351f716573f2d77