lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maxDoc and arrays
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 02:14:46 GMT
Hi again,

On 5/24/07, Yonik Seeley <yonik@apache.org> wrote:

> Currently, a deleted doc is removed when the segment containing it is
> involved in a segment  merge.  A merge could be triggered on any
> addDocument(), making it difficult to incrementally update anything.

sorry but is the document id renumbering caused by a merge visible from an
opened reader? Or can I assume that document ids are kept the same while my
searcher is opened, disregarding how many updates or optimizations happened
after its opening? This way I could regenerate my extra in-memory data
structures indexed by document id just when the searcher is reopened (say,
every 1000 updates) instead of after each update.

Thank you in advance.
Cheers,
Carlos