lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maxDoc and arrays
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 22:59:04 GMT
Nice, I will write the ids into a byte array with a DataOutputStream and
then marshal that array into a String with a UTF8 encoding. This way there
is no need for parsing or splitting, and the encoding is space efficient.
This marshaled String will be cached with a FieldCache. Thank you for your
suggestions! I will tell you how well this worked as soon as I've
implemented it.
Cheers,
Carlos