lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: maxDoc and arrays
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 20:50:36 GMT
I have done some benchmarks. Keeping things in an array makes the entire
search, including postprocessing from first to last id for a big result set,
extremely fast. So I would really like to implement this approach. But I'm
concerned about what Yonik remarked. I could use a large mergeFactor but
anyway, just to be sure, is there a way to make the index inform my
application of merging events?

Cheers,
Carlos