lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject maxDoc and arrays
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 16:41:11 GMT
Hi all,

Is there any guaranty that the maxDoc returned by a reader will be about the
total number of indexed documents?

The motivation of this question is that I want to associate some info to
each document in the index, and in order to access this additional data in
O(1) I would like to do this through an array indexing. But the array size
shouldn't be a lot greater than the total number of documents. I see that
something similar is done in the example of section 6.1 of Lucene in Action,
but for sorting purposes, which is not my case.

Related to this: how can update my array of extra data when documents are
added/removed to/from the index? Is there any feedback mechanism by means of
callbacks or event handlers?

Thank you in advance.
Regards,
Carlos