lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Carlos Pita" <carlosjosep...@gmail.com>
Subject HitCollector or Hits
Date Thu, 24 May 2007 03:30:38 GMT
Hi folks,

I need to collect some global information from my first 1000 search results
in order to build up some search refining components containing only
relevant values (those which correspond to at least one of the first 1000
hits). For example, the results are products and there is a store filter
component that shows only the stores that sells a product between the first
1000 hits. So even if the user sees just the first 20, I would have to
inspect the first 1000. I've read that Hits mantains a cache of about 100 or
200 hits. Is this configurable? If I could set this cache to 1000 I would
then use Hits to browse the search results. Another way, I should use
HitCollector. What's your advice?

TIA
Cheers,
Carlos