lucene-java-user mailing list archives

From "Chris Lu" <chris...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to Update the Index once it is created
Date Mon, 21 May 2007 21:09:40 GMT
Does it mandate you to pass data through Hibernate? This seems very
similar to Compass' approach.

I believe a more generic approach is to compare what's already indexed
with what's changed or deleted, so you can use any framework to work
with Lucene. And simply selecting the data and creating the index can
avoid some specific framework limitation and easier to scale.  Also,
re-indexing will also be easier.

DBSight tracks changes through simple SQLs, hard-deleted or
soft-deleted content, and do it very efficiently even for large number
of documents.

--
Chris Lu